The course is certified by SIEMENS and consists of the following:
The course supplies a fundamental understanding of a transformer. Presentations, training exercises and experiments carefully illustrate the characteristic properties of transformers, examples on distribution transformers (DT).
Employees who would like to be informed about general knowledge of functionality and operation of a transformer.
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Fundamentals of DC circuits.
- Fundamentals of AC circuits.
- Fundamental knowledge of measurement for electrical variables.
Duration 2 days
General transformer overview
- Transformers and reactors in transmission and distribution networks
- Transformer standards
- Transformer technology:
- Electrical fundamental design, explained on a single phase
- Transformer, measuring and calculation voltage ratio
- Introduction to 3-phase transformers
- Mechanical design of power transformers
- Voltage regulation with tap changers
- External connections
- Introduction to cooling equipment
- Overview control and protection devices
Transformer in service
- Introduction to safety policies
- Transport and checking after delivery
- Overview of electrical measurements during commissioning
- Condition assessment and on-site diagnostics
- Oil regeneration and drying
Book This Course