The course is certified by SIEMENS and consists of the following:
The participants will be provided with a comprehensive overview of the design, developments, applications and potentials of smart grids.
Employees of power generation companies and power supply utilities and Siemens employees who want to get an overview of innovative developments in the energy industry.
Fundamental knowledge of electrical engineering.
Duration 2 days
- Political, economic, technical
- European energy policy
- Potentials and increase of distributed and renewable generation
- Impact of distributed generation on the power system
What are smart grids?
- Intelligence in transmission and distribution systems
- Smart generation
- Smart consumption
Selected smart grid solutions in transmission and distribution systems
- Monitoring and remote control of equipment
- Condition monitoring
- Automation solutions to increase supply reliability
- Asset management
- Blackout prevention
- Use of power electronics
- Control of power flows using SIPLINK, FACTS
- Transmission capacity increase
- New supply structures, e.g. micro grids
- Virtual power plants (VPP), decentralized energy management
- Electric vehicles
- Battery storage systems
- Smart metering
- Load management
- Building automation / building management systems
Information and communication technology (ICT)
- Experiences from pilot applications and projects
Price available upon request
Book This Course