The course is certified by SIEMENS and consists of the following:
On completion of the training, the participants will gather fundamental knowledge of planning and operation of power systems. They will understand competition issues in the electricity supply industry. They will be capable to understand the structure of electricity supply industry and the microeconomics principles essential for electricity markets. They will understand the issues of investments in power generation and transmission equipment in a competitive environment.
Managers, Supervisors, Project managers, economists and engineers or any staff involved in ventures in relation with deregulation or competition issues on Electricity Markets. Economists, Engineers and other professionals who want to understand the engineering / microeconomics perspectives of power systems.
Fundamental knowledge of electrical engineering and / or first relevant technical exposure in the power industry. But not a must.
Duration 3 days
- Introduction, Competition, Models of competition
- Fundamental of markets, concepts and types
- Markets for electrical Energy
- Participating in markets for electrical energy
- System security and ancillary services
- Transmission networks and electricity market
- Investing in Generation
- Investing in Transmission
- Answers to selected problems.
Price available upon request
Book This Course